5/25/2013

Happythankyoumoreplease (2010)


"Hardly Dickensian, Y'Know What I'm Sayin'?"



I do like my NYC common folk stories with a passion. Why you ask? Because I can relate to those characters. They aspire to something else, something greater than their current routine. They make bad decisions that they know they'll regret. It's the dawn of their lives. They're excited and scared by their dreams and surroundings. Happythankyoumoreplease is a witty comedy about thirty-something New-Yorkers with  just the right amount of oddness. It combines several things I enjoy in a movie: a rad soundtrack, New York City, common people, witty humor, simple plot. Happythankyoumoreplease is almost real life. It's as far as you can get from Sex & The City but still residing in Manhattan. It's fresh, young, full of promises and hope. It may not be the movie of the century but certainly a nice directorial and writing debut for Josh Radnor and a relaxing movie session. It won the Audience Award at the 26th Sundance Film Festival. And I believe you can always trust Sundance. 

1 reason to watch: spend a good time with those characters because they are like you





No comments:

Post a Comment